Award and Activity Thread
1. Champion - Find all of the fish excluding special (Champion's Proof)
3. Travel Master - Stay at every Hotel including your Cruiser (VIP Card)
4. The Regular - Bought 300 items (NOT BAIT) at the shop. (50% Discount!)
5. Photogenic - Max out memory on their digital camera (Camera avatar item)
6. King of the Lake - Win Back to Back in every fishing contest
(Hairstyles can be changed ingame.)
7. Aquarium C.O.O. - Built every room in the Aquarium
(Unlocks the Emperor Penguin for the Aquarium)
8. Aquarium C.E.O. - Max levels in every room in the Aquarium
(Unlocks the Killer Whale for the Aquarium)
9. Everyone's Aquarium - 100k Visitors (To get MORE visiors... -.-' )
10. Fishing King - Highest rank achieved. (Fishing King's Proof)
11. Ecologist - Caught every type of trash. Safir Cave/Sembilan has two fossils
that is counted towards to this. (Mustashe Glasses)
12. Manta Watcher - Rare Manta Ray witnessed during Teman Paradise Beach
Submarine Tour (Unlocks for the aquarium)
13. Turtle Watcher - Rare Sea Turtle witnessed during Pacar Beach Submarine
Tour (Unlocks for the aquarium)
14. Dolphin Lover - Rare Dolphin witnessed during Teman Paradise Beach
Submarine Tour (Unlocks for the aquarium)
15. Whale Shark Watcher - Rare Whale Shark unlocked when Aquarium completed
(Unlocks for the aquarium)
16. Casting Master - Pass both Sniper Casting Challenges (Reindeer Outfit) *Credit to BrainBoxLtd
17. Kayak Master - Pass all of the Kayak Racing Challenges (Bear Outfit) *Credit to BrainBoxLtd
18. Retrieve Master - Pass all lure Retrieve trials. (Frog Outfit)
19. Fish Expert - Pass all 3 levels of ProFISHency Tests. (Space Outfit)
20. Eagle Eye - Pass all 4 Fish Count challenges. (Dog Outfit)
21. All-Seeing Eye - Pass all of the Symbol Hunts. (Cat Outfit) *Credit to BrainBoxLtd
22. Funster - Complete every mini-game with a platinum medal. (Gold olive branches
that adorn your avatar photo on your card)
23. Target Hunter - Complete 3 targets (Alarm Clock)
24. Activity Lover - Do 5 different activities. (Night Pass)
25. Grand Slam - Caught Striped, Blue, Black Marlins, and the Swordfish.
(Prince/ss Set Dress)
26. Monster Buster - Caught Red Tail Catfish, Dorado, Pirarucu, Alligator Gar,
Platinum Alligator Gar, Barramundi, Papuan Black Bass, Nile Perch, and the
Tigerfish. (Knight/Noblewoman Set)
27. Fishing Legend - Caught Black, Grass, Bighead, and the Silver Carp.
(China Set Dress)
28. Emperor - Caught Muskie Pike, White Sturgeon, Burbot, Walleye, King Salmon,
Northern Pike, and Stringfish (*Japanese Huchen). (Santa Set Dress)
29. Combo Master - 30 or more Smelt fishing in Remak Es Lake (Wool Coat)
30. Help Master - Complete all Side Quests (3 star XL Titan rod/Infinity reel)
*Stringfish is known as Japanese Huchen. There is no "Stringfish" in this game.
Bulletin Board Activities
* Fishing Contests; there's one for each area and four of them would be bait
and the other 4 is lure while further half of those halves are for Most catches
while the other half is the biggest catch. They also always take place every
two weeks. There's a reported issue about not getting platinum after getting
a tie win. So be forewarned.
Teman Paradise - Bait for the Most Catches
Dua Ribu Lake - Lure for the Biggest Fish (Wels Catfish)
Pacar Beach - Bait for the Biggest Fish (Dogtooth Tuna)
Panas Jungle - Bait for the Biggest Fish (Pirarucu)
Malam Jungle - Bait for the Most Catches
Tidur River - Lure for the Biggest Fish (Bighead Carp?)
Kanan Lake - Lure for the Most Catches
Kerikil River - Lure for the Most Catches
BrainBoxLtD got some tips for these;
"For most fish contests, the CPU players never seem to get more than 15 fish
in one run. They also tend to catch most of them fairly quickly, so don't
panic if they get an early lead, they always slow way down after noon. For
the biggest fish tourney, they usually catch a D or E rated version of
whatever the biggest fish in the area is. For the lure contests, Toy Goblin
Spoons attract the Wels Catfish for Dua Ribu Lake, and the hamstring minnows
attract Grass and Black Carp for Tidur River. You can also cheat a little by
resetting after having bad luck, every time you catch or lose a fish, the game
saves your progress. If you catch junk or lose a good fish, or have gone way
too long without a bite, you can just hit reset from the Wii menu and go back
to your last catch."
* Islands and subarea tours; you'll have access to these islands early but as
for subareas they're the only way via through the bulletin boards.
Sembilan Island - Amateur rank, Pacar Beach board
Sepuluh Island -
Rahaja Lake - Expert rank, Dua Ribu board
Patarpa River - Expert rank, Malam Jungle board
Gunan Es River - Expert rank, Tidur River board
Remak Es Lake - Rookie rank, Kerikil River board
* Submarine Tours; you go ride inside a submarine to view the ocean life from
a porthole. This is the only way you could access the Manta Ray, Dolphins, and
Sea Turtles for unlocking. You can press 2 to go to camera menu and take
pictures for your own album. Benefits of this is to help you idenify some of
the rare fish that comes by in your sights every once in a while to be caught
on camera. It is to be used to assist you in your fish hunts later on when
you're trying to complete your fish log.
Teman Paradise Beach - Teman Paradise Beach, West Coast
Pacar Beach - Pacar Beach, North Coast, South Coast
Dua Ribu Lake - Dua Ribu Lake
Tidur River - Tidur River
Panas Jungle - Panas Jungle
Malam Jungle - Malam Jungle
Kanan Lake - Kanan Lake
Kerikil River - Kerikil River, Safir Cave
* Fish Count; taken place inside a submarine, you view through the porthole to
count how many fish would swim by it. There's 4 modes and they're scattered
here and there around the island. Some of the modes' lessons will try to
trick you by placing another similar looking fish with it but not always.
Note: Even though you can access the later stages without doing the earlier
ones, the award for this would not unlock til you do.
Teman Paradise - Easy mode
Panas Jungle - Normal mode
Pacar Beach - Hard mode
Kanan Lake - Master mode
* Kayak Racing; its not really a race but only to beat the time. There's 4
modes and you'll find the upper tier modes in other areas.
Normal - Rookie rank, Teman Paradise board
Hard - Gold on Normal, Kanan Lake board
Master - Gold on Hard, Kanan Lake board
A very helpful contributor; BrainBoxLtD got this masterfully down! His advice
for these very HARD challenges are as followed:
"I've got a few tips you can include in your FAQ for the Kayak Platinum times.
Be warned they're insanely strict, I finished two of them with less than .25
left. The closest thing to a trick I noticed for good times is maintaining
your top speed for the longest possible amount of time.
This is harder than it sounds. First you need is good timing. You want to
start the next paddle just as the last one is leaving the water. Do not rush
this, you'll cut off your speed boost before it peaks. The easiest way to
know if you're doing it right is to watch your character's arms. You should
be moving from side to side in a smooth seamless fashion. If the arms jump
suddenly it means you're off. It can also help to check your speed gauge. At
max you should be hitting 9.4-9.9 MPHish and dropping to a high 8 for a
second as you transition.
The next problem is you can only reach max speed when you're doing a left to
right motion. Since every course is curvy as hell, this means you won't be
able to stay near max speed the whole course. When cornering (just hitting
left or just hitting right) you cap out around 7.5MPHish. There are some
tricks to boost this a little. First, if you start cornering while already
near top speed the momentum will carry over and you can take a corner at
around 8MPH with some luck.
If you're going around a shallow corner you can throw in an opposite push in
between the two in the direction you want. Like Right, Right, Left, Right,
Right, Left. In fact anytime you're cornering and you've got enough leeway
to push the other way you should. Just remember it needs to be a full stroke
to get a speed boost. If you just tap and then go back to cornering, it won't
help with your speed. Although that can be helpful for course correction if
you're a little off.
The biggest thing though is setting yourself up to do a steady left and right
routine. So anytime you've got some fairly straight road ahead you'll want to
get centered and paddle away until you hit the next curve. The little extra
speed is what makes the difference since the Platinum times are only barely
Few other things. Whichever paddle you start with will push you a little in
that direction, so it helps to aim it towards the first curve. Like if the
first turn is right, start off on your left hand you'll get a little extra
nudge in that direction. I recommend practicing in resetting before the game
saves if you fail and want to try again. This will let you try as many times
as you want, just remember to go finish once first so it'll save you standing
in front of the activity board."
* Ferrying; you can take a ferry out to the ocean to catch some fish from the
ocean. Be SURE to bring Wide Range bait and cast CLOSE to your boat!
Teman Paradise Board - South Coast
Pacar Beach Board - Amateur rank for North Coast and West Coast
* Trolling; you can take a boat out with 3 rods and troll for some of ocean's
bigger fish. These routes are fixed however and when you upgrade with a
Cruiser you'll never need to do this from the bulletin board again.
Teman Beach Board - Rookie rank for South Coast
Pacar Beach Board - Amateur rank for North Coast and West Coast
* Symbol Hunt; Teman Paradise and Panas Jungle has their set of 4 modes. I
plan to take lots of photos of where symbols may be in the XSeed forums.
Some of them are pretty out there to spot thanks to the rigidiness of the
Teman Beach - Easy mode
Panas Jungle - Easy mode requires Rookie rank or up
* Tutorials in Bait and Lure Fishing; they're always there and be available
for you. Bait is held at Teman Paradise while Lure is held at Dua Ribu.
* Dream Aquarium Tour; this one is pretty unqiue, it only offers you an
insight of how fantastic your full fledged aquairum would be like. This only
found on Teman Paradise Board.
* ProFISHency Tests; there's 3 of these gentlemen in hats. Level 3 is found
on the Eyelet in Dua Ribu, Level 2 is found near the steps of Malam Jungle's
Lodge. Level 1 is found on the far right of Pacar's Shallow. The last test
will DEFINITELY use unreleased special fish info. :\
* Lure Challenges; Spinner Proctor is in Kerikil Resort, Spoon Proctor is in
Dua Ribu Resort, and Crankbait Proctor is in Tidur Resort.
* Sniper Casting; this only takes place on Kanan Lake's dock. A contributor
reported that after Normal mode is completed, the Master mode is unlocked
and found at Kerikil Calm northstream.
* Fish License Sellers, these five men are the only way to access the other 5
main areas. You purchase Pacar Beach license in Teman Lobby for 30k pts after
fishing a lot. You can also purchase Tidur River license on Dua Ribu's dock
for 5k. There's another man here on the Eyelet selling a license for Kerikil
River. There's a man selling a license for Kanan Lake near the Tidur's
Lodge. And finally, the last guy is selling a Malam Jungle license from Panas
Jungle resort. The only sticky point is how much fish they require you to get
before they finally do business with you. I couldn't pinpoint if it was the
rank, total fish caught OR the # of fish you caught IN the area they're in. :\
What's a good lure to use in the Kerikil River and Kanan Lake contests to catch a lot of fish? It takes too long to attract a fish and i always end up losing those contests.
Oh man, I'm glad I get to answer this one. Classic gold spinner is great for both tourneys. First rule: If you're reeling in the lure to attract fish, stop doing that. Cast the lure near the fish and move it up, left, and right w/ the wiimote. If you see the fish start moving toward the lure, leave it alone until you feel the controller vibrate, then BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON it up.
Only reel in when nothing is biting (which should hardly ever happen if you cast close to something). This movement drives fish mad, and I was constantly hooking fish by doing this. The previously mentioned lure will attract everything in Kanan and Kerikil very well. It would be wise to get to one of these places ahead of time and try what I'm about to tell you.
For Kanan, try fishing in Big Kanan South, in the area extending from the pier. Move the boat until you see something, cast, and reel in when it bites. After reeling in, check the immediate area to see if other fish are around, and if not, move a little ways until you do see something. Don't be afraid to venture away from the pier somewhat. My best was 16 fish.
For Kerikil, the Kerikil Rapids (upstream) is where all the fish hang out, all the way to the right near the mini waterfall (not the big waterfall w/ the rainbow trout). Just cast and move between the rock & mini-waterfall, something will bite soon, even if it is an invisible fish. The Kerikil Calm fish won't bite lures for some reason, and the ones that do are all bigger than the Rapids fish anyway. Grab a bike at the start and get there as fast you can. You'll catch a lot of japanese char and dace, maybe even a couple of S-ranks of each like I did. My best was 21 fish (destroyed the other contestants). GOOD LUCK.
FIRST I CAN'T COMBINE "SALT" AND "WATER," AND NOW I CAN'T PUT AN "S" AND "NATCH" TOGETHER?
Last edited by Keaton; 02-13-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Thanks for the info Keaton. I'll be sure to try it out.
This is a video of getting platinum in the easy kayaking contest. My daughter took it so it's a little all over the place. I hope it helps.
Cute video even though it's kind of shaky.
My arm hurts so bad now. I just tied for first in the Kerikil contest. Does this count as a win or do I have to suffer through that misery again? I was behind 5 fish and somehow caught up to the first place person at the last minute. How did you catch 21 fish Keaton? I barely got 16.
I got 21 because I am beast. In all seriousness, maybe I just got lucky. Although I got 19 my first time, but I was fishing all over the rapids (and thus losing fish over time due to moving around). Try just moving the lure up when fishing near the mini-waterfall. For me, a fish usually appears out of nowhere and goes for it. I never fell behind more than 1 or 2 fish the first time, and the second time I never fell behind at all.
Did you get gold after getting a tie? If you did, then you might be ok. I think someone failed to get platinum after getting a tie though, so I hope you win the 2nd time around.
On a side note, somehow I get the feeling you didn't rent a bike to save massive time getting up there.